Friday, October 15, 2010

A matter of strength


                                                              

"Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!"
Eleanor Roosevelt
I was wandering on the net today, trying to persuade myself that I was being counter productive and I came across this interesting little quote .Comical in its comparison, yet could it be more truthful? Ever since I can remember I have had a fascination with the diversity of beauty in women . I am well aware that this sounds misleading, but let me show you my reasoning .I have never discovered two women cut from the same cloth .It seems to me that every woman has a unique beauty,if it is not an outward manifestation then it is an inward lantern shining through that cloth .Women are all grace and intelligence, even the weakest representation of our sex is proof of that . I am not trying to say that Men are at all inferior, as much as our feminist hearts try and believe this lie, we know it is not the truth . Rather women are keenly obvious with the "little things" that make up personality .Frank Sinatra sang it right "the way you wear your hat, the way you sip your tea ,the memory of all that, they can't take that away from me " The song goes on to describe the precise way this woman carries out the smaller finer things .The things which we ponder to escape the notice of other's but that is rarely the truth.
One thing I am sure of, we are wonderfully created. Maybe my emphasise on feminine grace is due to my biased and superior knowledge of women .I can hardly agree that I have ventured within the complex region of man's mind, as they know it . However my mind is raptured with our range of emotions and although God created us as helper's that is by no means a way to demean our respective role as women .God himself is described as our helper, comforter and counseller. The same is true of women,what a privelege .We are close to the image of a divine creator ! Yet I am constantly misled by the concept of "weaker vessels " . Love is not weak sister, Creating a refuge, being a refuge is far from weakness it requires strength quite the contrary . I have a teacher, a mother ,a warrior ,a leader .I have watched  my mother for my whole life .Her weakness has been made strength ,her woes, conquests.  When she finds herself in a predictament, she fights and wins, yet relises it is not of her strength . Hot Water? She not only strengthens herself, she swims in it . My prayer for you, dear reader is that you relish in your particular God given beauty . It's within you ,it is what refines you and makes you a medal of God's glory .If you find yourself in hot water ,let it purge you all that means is you will be more beautiful .Endurance creates my friend.




3 comments:

  1. My darling i could not agree more with everything you have said, thanks for sharing with us. Love to read your writing and be enlightened by the insight that God has poured upon you. :) Loving you... ps i hope some men are reading this in agreement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing Cat! I was missing you tonight, wishing i could come over for a sleep over, some tea and a good long chat...so i visited your blog - it's like a little peice of you and I love it. I'm so glad I read this it's so encouraging!
    oh and by the way - you are a fantastic writer! this really really good@ i just thought you should know. I love you so much and miss you always!
    shaely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this, Cat! It was very encouraging to me-- your way of saying things so simply is lovely. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete